Do you need support, but can’t make it to an in-person appointment? Are you a busy stay-at-home or working parent, and don’t have the time to drive across town for an appointment?
Do you live in a more rural area, or maybe you prefer to just do things Virtually?
If so, we can help you through virtual therapy, or telehealth.
Telehealth allows us to provide counseling and therapy to our clients via live video conferencing. This can be done anywhere you have a computer or smartphone.
Telehealth appointments can be very beneficial if getting to a traditional in-person appointment is not convenient, or you simply just don’t want to.
Our telehealth solution allows you to schedule an appointment directly online and have the entire therapy session take place digitally. While you don’t need a video camera, we do recommend you use one. To learn more and get started with virtual therapy, please contact us today.
My telehealth platform is built into the Simple Practice database that I use. Their platform is HIPAA compliment and powered by Vonage/TokBox which has the most advanced security and technology policies. On your end I would highly suggest being away from any smart devices included but not limited to such as an Alexa or an iPhone with Siri enabled. Please make sure your virus protection on your computer is up to date as well.
Below is the information from their website:
Security of your account and electronic Patient Health Information (ePHI) is fundamental to us, and we have gone above and beyond the standard security and privacy requirements to protect your data:
- SimplePractice always transmits account information securely with multiple layers of encryption.
- Your passwords are encrypted and not accessible to anyone but you.
- Our servers are housed in a secure facility protected by proximity readers, biometric scanners, and security guards 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- We hack our own site. SimplePractice runs thousands of tests on its own software to ensure security. We scan our ports, test for SQL injection, and protect against cross-site scripting.
- Bank-level security.
- SimplePractice has received the VeriSign security seal.
- SimplePractice is HITRUST certified. The HITRUST framework is the gold standard of security certifications in the healthcare industry, and it incorporates the entirety of controls required by HIPAA, PCI, NIST CSF, ISO 27001 and ISO 27002.
- Your sensitive data is hosted in a Tier 1 secure hosting provider specializing in helping healthcare organizations achieve and maintain HIPAA and HITRUST security requirements:
- Our cloud infrastructure uses multi-factor authentication.
- HIPAA compliant hosting architecture on enterprise-level hardware.
- HIPAA compliant system architecture with separate web and database environments.